The official notification for Joint CSIR UGC NET December 2017 has been released by The Council of Scientific And Industrial Research (CSIR), Human Resource Development Group. The registration procedure will begin from today.
- Candidates should have acquired a Master of Science (MSc) or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/ BS-4 years/ BE/ BTech/ BPharma/MBBS from a recognized University or Institute.
- Candidates having only a Bachelor's degree shall not be eligible for Lectureship
- JRF NET: The maximum age of the candidates will be 28 years.
- LS NET: There is no upper age limit.
About the Paper pattern:
- The CSIR exam will consist of 200 multiple choice questions based on life sciences, earth, atmospheric, ocean and planetary sciences, mathematical sciences, chemical sciences and physical sciences.
The exam will be conducted at the following centers:
- Bangalore, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guntur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jorhat, Karaikudi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, and Varanasi.
How to apply?
- Interested candidates can apply through the official website
- Online application process begins: August 23, 2017
- Application fees deposit: September 15, 2017
- Last date to submit online application form: September 16, 2017
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of the application form at the exam unit (except remote areas): September 23, 2017
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of the application form at the Examination Unit in remote areas: October 3, 2017
- Tentative date of publication of list of registered candidates: November 17, 2017
- Issue of hall tickets: First week of December
About the exam:
The exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of the Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) NET and for determining eligibility for appointment of Lecturers (NET) in certain subject areas falling under the faculty of Science and Technology. The award of Junior Research Fellowship (NET) to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding admission/placement in a university/ national laboratory/institution of higher learning and research, as applicable.