The physical activity is a great way to keep the school going children physically healthy and mental wellbeing during the ongoing lockdown caused by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID 19). Keeping this in mind, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Fit India Mission joined hands to provide live sessions by experts for students which include basic exercise, nutrition, Yoga, boosting immunity, etc. Interested students can access these sessions live on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram daily at 9.30 AM from April 15 to May 8, 2020.
Human Resource Development Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' tweeted that he has spoken to Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju for collaboration between CBSE and Fit India Mission to provide students live sessions by experts covering topics like Basic Exercises, Nutrition, Yoga & Meditation, boosting immunity etc.
To ensure #fitness among the children, I have spoken to @KirenRijiju for collaboration between @cbseindia29 and @FitIndiaOff & provide live sessions by experts covering topics like Basic Exercises, Nutrition, Yoga & Meditation, boosting immunity etc. pic.twitter.com/wb0YDoU7td— Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) April 14, 2020
Fit India Movement has tweeted that Fit India and CBSE have joined hands to organise #FitIndiaActiveDay online sessions for children where one can watch fitness sessions by experts from April 15 at 9.30am on our YouTube channel Rightwards arrow https://bit.ly/2XzNxII
We are delighted to announce that @FitIndiaOff and @cbseindia29 have joined hands to organise #FitIndiaActiveDay online sessions for children where you can watch fitness sessions by experts from April 15 at 9.30am on our YouTube channel ➡️ https://t.co/7IUFTleCOI#StayHome pic.twitter.com/Jin2MSbfSS— Fit India Movement (@FitIndiaOff) April 14, 2020
CBSE Live Fitness Session Topics - April 15 To May 8, 2020
- April 15, 2020 - Daily workouts
- April 16, 2020 - Eating Right
- April 17, 2020 - Emotional well-being to be a winner
- April 20, 2020 - Yoga for school children
- April 21, 2020 - Breathing right and intro to meditation
- April 22, 2020 - Fun Workout for Children
- April 23, 2020 - Eating right
- April 24, 2020 - Tips for healthy body & mind
- April 27, 2020 - Mental wellness for development
- April 28, 2020 - Games based Training
- April 29, 2020 - Building muscles correctly
- April 30, 2020 - What should be in your tiffin box?
- May 1, 2020 - Yoga & Stretching
- May 4, 2020 - Mental wellness for development
- May 5, 2020 - Boosting your Stamina
- May 6, 2020 - easy workout tips for children
- May 7, 2020 - Session for children with special care
- May 8, 2020 - Inspirational talk on imp of Fitness
Fit India Mission has also informed that they have made 5 capsules of five minutes each for break between online sessions. Interested students can download the capsules from the link https://we.tl/t-6vhcHEVx0a and can be played by schools in between online sessions from 15th April 2020.