Andhra Pradesh is ready to reimburse tuition fees for 58% students

By Pti

AP is ready to reimburse fees for 58% students


Hyderabad, Aug 1: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu announced that his government is ready to reimburse tuition fees for 58% of the students of professional courses, particularly engineering, and Telangana government should pay for the remaining 42%.

"Both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana should together bear the burden of students' fees. All are our children. Let them not be the victims of (state) division," the AP Chief Minister said, in the backdrop of Telangana government's flat refusal to bear the tuition fee burden of "Andhra students".

It should be a win-win situation for all, Naidu said.

The AP State Council of Higher Education has estimated that the fee reimbursement scheme, launched by the erstwhile Y S Rajasekhara Reddy government in pre-bifurcation days, would cost Rs 4,000 crore.

Read: Telangana Students to ignore EAMCET 2014 Document Verification process

Following the bifurcation, the Telangana government refused to reimburse fees of "Andhra students".

"Only those students whose parents settled in Telangana before 1956 will be eligible for fee reimbursement," Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said earlier.

Also Read: Telangana to continue fee reimbursement scheme

The AP government has decided to challenge this stand in the court.


For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X