The lines for registering for the All India Bar Examination (AIBE) XI 2018 has been opened. Interested candidates can start applying right away online.
Why is AIBE held?
AIBE is conducted by the Bar Council of India every year for testing qualifying advocates' eligibility in practicing Law across India.
When is the AIBE XI 2018?
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on December 3 by the Bar Council of India (BCI).
There have been small changes in the AIBE exam syllabus. The BCI had last year revised the syllabus for the exam.
Four new subjects that were added into the syllabus are
- Public Interest Litigation (four marks)
- Law Related to Taxation (four marks)
- Land Acquisition Act (two marks)
- Intellectual Property Law (two marks)
There will be 12 questions asked from these new subjects. The weightage in Family Law is increased to eight marks.
AIBE XI Admit Card 2018
The admit card for the same will be released on November 18.
How to apply for AIBE XI 2018?
In order to apply for AIBE XI 2018, follow the steps given here:
- Log on to the AIBE official website
- On the homepage you will find a message that states "The online Registration for AIBE XI has been started. Kindly click here to Register Online." Click on the link.
- Read the instructions given there carefully
- Fill in the necessary details
- Check the option box for acknowledging that you have registered yourself in the State Bar council already.
- Click to submit
- Complete the registration process
Instructions to follow while registering for AIBE XI 2018:
- Upload all the required documents i.e. photograph, signature, photo ID and enrollment certificate
- All the documents should be self-attested
- Any document uploaded without attestation will be rejected/disqualified
- In case you have uploaded wrong documents, you can log in again with your registration Id and password (after payment) and upload the corrected document
- Once the documents and information of the candidate have been approved by the BCI, the candidate can't log in again to have any further changes
- Make sure your documents, photograph, and signature are correctly uploaded
- Candidates do not have to send any document by post
- Make sure you keep a print out of your application form for your reference
- Make sure you enter your correct email and contact number as these will be used for all communication from our end
The last date to apply for the exam is October 31.