The University of Calcutta has invited applications for admissions for its M.Phil programmes for the 2015-16 academic session. The admissions are offered for Ph.D in the following courses. All interested and eligible candidates can apply in the following format.
Courses offered: Bengali, Commerce, Sanskrit, Pali, Hindi, English, Urdu, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Women Studies, Ancient Indian History and Culture, South and South East Asian Studies, Education, Political Science and Library and Information Science.
- Candidates must have an master's degree in the concerned field from a recognised university.
- They must have a 55% marks in their qualifying degree.
- Candidates who are appearing for their final examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have cleared NET, SET or any equivalent examination need not appear for the entrance test, and they can appear for the interview round directly.
How to apply:
- The application forms are available on the university's website.
- Candidates are required to send the hard copy of the duly filled application form to the university.
- Application fee of Rs 500 is to be paid by General category candidates and a fee of Rs.250.
- The payment of the fee can be made through a Demand draft drawn in the favour of University of Calcutta.
- Candidates will be selected based on entrance exam conducted by the university. Those candidates who clear the exam will be called for an interview round.
- Last date for submitting application forms: September 23, 2015.