Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) formerly known as the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences came into existence on November 15, 1992 as a result of the agreement signed between the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Pai Foundation, with the aim of imparting exemplary education and health care services in the state of Sikkim and country wide. It is the first ever Public Private Partnership in the country for higher Education and Health Care Services.
Sikkim Manipal University provides various admission courses for the year 2017.
MBA course objectives:
- The objective of the SMU-DE MBA Program is to provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of Management which helps in developing the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly international business environment.
- 3 Year Graduation from a recognised university.
- First Semester payment Rs. 28,500
How to apply:
- University appointed counsellor contacts the student to collect the basic details. The application form link is emailed to the student.
BBA course objectives:
- Demonstrates a substantial understanding of concepts in key areas of computer science; professional competence in developing software and in its design and implementation.
10+2 or Equivalent / 3 Year Diploma from a State Board of Technical Education.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 13,950/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,300/-), or as revised from time to time.
BCA course objective:
- Imparting knowledge of Computer and programming logic environment in IT.
10 + 2 or equivalent / 3 Year Diploma from a State Board of Technical Education.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 13,950/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,300/-) or as revised from time to time. Fees may also be paid one-time ( Total Fee: Rs. 83,700).
B.sc (I.T) course objective:
- To provide specialisation in computer science with technical, professional and communications skills.
Course duration of Master of Computer Application is minimum 3 Years and maximum 5 Years.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 15,200/- for semester 1 & 2 and Rs. 16,200/- from 3rd semester onwards (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs.2,300/-) or as revised from time to time.
Master of Computer application course objectives:
- To equip post-graduate students with an integrated set of skills that will allow them to develop their professional careers in the area of information technology.
3-year graduation from a recognised university.
- Semester Fee: Rs. 14,200/- (inclusive of Exam Fee Rs. 2,300/-) or as revised from time to time. Fees may also be paid one-time (Total Fees: Rs. 56,800).