University of Calcutta has invited applications for its PhD program in the department of Philosophy. The last date to apply is November 3.
Eligibility to apply for PhD at University of Calcutta:
- All the candidates interested in applying for this course need to possess a Master's degree in Philosophy from a recognised institute/university
- For more details, all the candidates need to check the official notification available on the website
How to Apply:
- Go to the official link
- Download the application form
- Submit the form with a Rs. 100 challan which is available at the university
- Eligible candidates need to appear for the written test
- Test will be of two hours duration
- The candidates shortlisted in the written test will face the interview
- Those candidates who have already passed UGC/ CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) examinations/ National Eligibility Test (NET)/ SET/SLET/MPhil (Philosophy)/Teacher Fellowship or equivalent examinations need not appear for the written examination.
- Written test will be of 50 marks in which 20 marks will be for comprehension
- Interview will be of 50 marks
|Last date to apply||03.11.16|
|List of eligible candidates for written test and interview||08.11.16|
|List of candidates selected for interview||16.11.16|
|Date of releasing list of final selection||14.12.16|
About University of Calcutta
Foundation of the University of Calcutta The Court of Directors of the East India Company sent a despatch in July, 1854 to the Governor-General of India in Council, suggesting the establishment of the Universities of Calcutta, Madras and Bombay.
In pursuance of that despatch, the University of Calcutta was founded on JANUARY 24, 1857.
The University adopted in the first instance, the pattern of the University of London and gradually introduced modifications in its constitution