National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC), formerly known as Calicut Regional Engineering College, offers B.Tech, B. Arch, MBA, M.Tech, MCA, M.Sc. (Tech.) and Ph.D. degrees in varied disciplines.
MBA programme structure:
- The duration of the regular MBA programme would be two years, comprising of four semesters at par with leading business schools in India.
- The candidates are expected to undergo a total of 28 courses - 18 core subjects and 10 elective subjects grouped under six streams of specialisations.
- The students may opt for four elective subjects in any two elective streams of specialisation of their choice and rest two electives from any of the six streams. In addition, the candidates have to undertake three laboratories during the first three semesters and a Business Research Project during the final semester of the programme.
- The students will also have to compulsorily undergo a summer internship for a minimum duration of at least eight weeks, with any of the reputed organisation of their choice, during the annual break.
- Bachelors degree in any discipline with Mathematics / Economics as a subject of study from a recognised University or Institution, on a full time basis with an aggregate minimum of 60% ( or 6.5 out of 10 CGPA) for Open and OBC categories and 55% ( or 6.0 out of 10 CGPA) for SC and ST categories.
- Final year students (of the above-mentioned programmes) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they complete all requirements for the qualifying degree with minimum marks stipulated above, before the commencement of the programme and produce provisional certificate of completion within two months of joining the programme.
- The applicants should also have a Valid Common Admission Test (CAT) / Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) score or should be expecting the results of the same.
- The aspirants shall be ranked based on their performance in group discussions and personal interviews to be conducted as a part of selection procedure for admission.
- The application can be submitted on-line through the official website of the institute.
- Last date for submission of completed application: 20th March, 2014.
- Publication of list of candidates selected for GD/PI: 31st March, 2014.
- Commencement of classes: 21st July, 2014.