Applications are invited by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar for admission into Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programmes for the academic year 2014-15.
The Ph.D progarmmes are offered in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Humanities and Social Sciences.
Ph.D in Chemistry programme: Candidates should secure first class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in masters or equivalent degree in Chemistry/Bio-Chemistry/Materials Science and Technology/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology.
Ph.D in Mathematics programme: Candidates should secure first class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences or equivalent master's degree.
Ph.D in Physics programme: Candidates should secure first class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in M.Sc. in Physics/B.Tech in Engineering Physics.
Ph.D in Humanities and Social Sciences programme: Candidates should have 55% (or 6 grade point out of 10) in master's or equivalent degree in Cognitive Science, Economics, English Literature or Linguistics with UGC-NET or valid score in GATE.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to apply online.
- Candidates can also submit offline application form.
- Candidates are required to submit an application fee of Rs 200 (for SC/ST Rs 100) in the form of demand draft in favour of Registrar, IIT Ropar payable at Rupnagar.
- Candidates who are unable to submit the application online may please send the application form by post to The Head, Department/School, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Nangal Road, Rupnagar, Punjab- 140001.
- Selection will be based on written test followed by interview, mere fulfillment of the above mentioned qualifications does not entitle a candidate to be called for PhD entrance test.
- Last date for application: April 06, 2015.
- For more details please click www.iitrpr.ac.in