The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru is offering fellowships to the most promising international students, who are selected for admission to Ph.D / M.Sc (Engg) programmes.
Who can apply:
- Only those who are not citizens of India and are not persons of Indian origin are eligible to apply for admission through this mechanism. Indian citizens i.e. those holding an Indian passport (whether residing in India or abroad) need to apply through the the regular admission process.
- Similarly, persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports can apply for admission through the regular process of admission for Indian citizens provided they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955.
- In addition, they need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.
- Foreign students are eligible to apply only for a Ph.D. programme or an M.Sc.(Engg) programme. They are not eligible to apply for an integrated Ph.D. programme, M.E/M.Tech programme, the undergraduate programme etc.
- For Ph.D programme: A Masters degree or a four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline.
- For M.Sc (Engineering) programme: A four-year undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline.
How to apply:
Candidates have to fill the application form online.
- Transcripts, degree certificate (if available) and three recommendation letters from persons familiar with the academic credentials of the candidate.
- GRE scores (optional).
Last date for the submission of the application form is January 31, 2015.
If you are selected, you will be offered hostel accommodation and a fellowship by IISc. The fellowship amount will be equal to that offered to Indian students. This fellowship is usually adequate to pay tuition fees, hostel and mess fees and cover your living expenses.