DASA 2014-15 is for the admissions to undergraduate engineering programmes in premier technical institutions in India.
MHRD has entrusted the coordination of the admission process under DASA scheme for the academic year 2014-15 to NITK, Surathkal.
Admissions are open for Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) under Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) Scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for Undergraduate programmes in engineering/architecture for the academic year 2014-15 to National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and other premier Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI) in India.
- Undergraduate admissions will be based on SAT subject test scores. (Subjects: Mathematics Level 2, Physics and Chemistry)
- SAT subject test scores have to be sent directly through "CollegeBoard" to NITK (Institute code: 6530). SAT subject test scores received only till 31st May, 2014, will be considered for preparation of the first, second, third and fourth round merit lists
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination, i.e. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent exam from any system of education as recognised by the Association of India Universities (AIU)
- Candidates should have completed Mathematics, Physics and any one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th and/or 12th, as applicable in the respective boards
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.75 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent in the qualifying examination
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination with the above-mentioned subjects in the academic year 2013-14 and expecting their final results latest by 15th September, 2014 may also apply
How to apply?
The submission of application is a two stage process, both are essential:
- Online application (through official website of DASA admissions 2014-15) and submission of signed print copy of the application along with required documents and payment details to DASA Office, NITK Surathkal
- SAT subject test scores should be sent to NITK Surathkal electronically through "CollegeBoard", USA (Institute code: 6530)
- Submission of online application: 1st April to 26th May, 2014
- Last date for receipt of SAT subject test score: 31st May, 2014
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of the completed application: 31st May, 2014
- Announcement of first list of selected candidates: 7th June, 2014
- Confirmation of first list of candidates: 7th to 12th June, 2014
- Announcement of second list: 14th June, 2014
- Confirmation of second list of candidates: 14th to 18th June, 2014
- Announcement of third list: 20th June, 2014
- Confirmation of third list of candidates: 20th to 23rd June, 2014
- Announcement of fourth list: 4th July, 2014
- Confirmation of fourth list of candidates: 4th to 7th July, 2014
- Reporting to allotted institutes: 14th to 17th July, 2014
- Announcement of vacant seat matrix for spot round: 21st July, 2014
- Spot admissions against vacant seats: 25th July, 2014
- Reporting to allotted institutes after spot admissions: 28th to 30th July, 2014
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
Mangalore 575 025,
For further details and to apply click here