Banaras Hindu University (BHU) invites applications for its Doctorate in Philosophy programme for the academic year 2014. Eligible candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of BHU.
The admission to the Ph.D programme shall be based on the merit of the candidates which shall be determined separately for the candidates seeking admission through RET and through direct admission.
For candidates seeking admission through RET as per clause IV.1 (a), the merit list shall be based on the total marks obtained by the candidates from the following components:
i) A written test of 2 hours duration,
ii) Academic record,
iii) Subjective test/ personal interview.
For the candidates seeking direct admission as per clause IV.1 (b), the merit list shall be based on the total marks obtained by the candidates from the following components:
i) Academic record,
ii) Subjective test/ personal interview.
- There shall be negative marking. Three marks shall be awarded for each correct answer, while one mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- For qualifying in the written test a candidate shall have to secure a minimum of 35% marks in each section separately. The qualifying marks
for SC/ST/PC candidates shall be 30%, while for OBC candidates it shall be 32.5%. The university reserves the right to modify the minimum qualifying marks for any or both of the sections.
- No scrutiny/ revaluation of the answer books of the written test shall be allowed.
- Entrance test: 20th March, 2014
- Last date for depositing the fee: 15th April, 2014
For more details, click here.