Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC) Pune has invited applications for its MA in Mass Communication programme for 2017-19. Interested candidates can apply for the same. The following details would help the candidates to apply properly.
Eligibility Criteria for MA (Mass Communication):
- Applicants should be a graduate from a recognized university with 50% (45% for SC/ST) aggregate
- Even those applicants who are expecting their final year results can also apply. But their admission will be provisional and they should produce proof of graduation with 50% by the beginning of the second semester.
How to apply?
- Candidates have to register online by visiting www.simc.edu
- Once on the application page, candidates need to fill in the following details
- Programme and Personal Details
* Educational Details
* Family Details
* Experience Details
- Applicants can make payment using the following modes:
a. Online Payment through Credit Card
b. AXIS Bank Easy Payment System: After registering online, pay Rs. 2500 in cash at any Axis Bank branch in any preferred city (refer to the list of branches on the website). You will receive two stamped parts of the 'Axis Bank Challan' from the bank. Please keep the Student copy as a payment receipt. You need to sign the stamped 'SIMC PUNE Copy' of the ' Axis Bank Challan' and send it to -
Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communicatiion,
Symbiosis Knowledge Village (PG),
Gram: Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi,
Pune - 412115, Maharashtra,India
c. Candidates can pay the fees through Net Banking
d. Candidates can take a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs. 2500 from any Nationalized Bank (in favour of "Director, Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication", payable at Pune). Fill DD details in the DD payment option in the online application form given on SIMC website (www.simc.edu) and take a print out of the 'Payment Advice' form for DD and send it along with the DD to the SIMC Pune on the following Address (candidates have to keep the photocopy of the Demand Draft for future reference):
Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Symbiosis Knowledge Village (PG), Gram: Lavale, Taluka: Mulshi, Pune - 412115, Maharashtra,India
- The next step in the application procedure is appearing for the SIMC MA (Mass Communication) Entrance Test. It is compulsory for anyone who wants to apply for the MA in Mass Communication programme.
How International Students can apply for the programme
International students who want to apply for the programme can take help of Symbiosis International University (SIU), which takes care of admission process for International students.
The candidates can use the following contact details:
The International Office,
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune - 411 004, Maharashtra, India.
+91 20 25671905
+91 20 25659209
Important Dates MA in Mass Communication programme:
- MA (Mass Communication) programme online registration begins - 19 September 2016
- MA (Mass Communication) programme online registration closes - 03 January 2017
- MA (Mass Communication) Last Date of Payment - 06 January 2017
- SIMC MA (Mass Communication) Entrance Test - 15 January 2017
- SIMC MA (Mass Communication) Entrance Test Results - 03 February 2017
- Shortlisting Candidates for Panel Interview and Written Ability Test (PI-WAT) - 08 February 2017
- PI-WAT Test (PI-WAT) - 25-26 February 2017
- Announcement of First Merit List - 14 March 2017
- Last Date of Fee Payment of First Merit List (1st installment) - 24 March 2017
- Orientation Programme - 1st Week of June 2017