These interns would be expected to supplement the process of policy analysis within the Department through desirable empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information.
The exposure for the interns to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their own career goals in the Non Profit Organisation (NPO) Sector or International Organisations. The internship shall be for a minimum period of 2 months but shall not exceed 6 months in individual cases.
The DoPT has identified ten topics for the current year for the Interns. The topics are:
- Analysis of cases disposed of by Central Administrative Tribunal;
- Collection of Data on Reservation from Ministries and its analysis; Issues relating to Anti-Corruption Law;
- Issues relating to punishment of Government employees for unethical behavior;
- Exit policies for inefficient public servants;
- Best HR practices; Service Conditions;
- Expectations of Persons with Disabilities employees;
- Impact evaluation of Mid-Career Training Program of Central Secretariat Service (CSS)Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS) and Revising methodology of training program.
DoPT has invited applications from the interested candidates in prescribed Proforma through its Circular dated 30th August, 2013. The DoPT Circular and the application Proforma is available on the DoPT website www.persmin.nic.in.
India Education Bureau.