This scheme is mainly to envisage facility for those who could not undergo the regular studies due to various reasons; but eager to acquire a Degree. No basic educational qualification is insisted for admission to the course through the open stream. The applicants have to appear for an entrance examination and only those who secure a minimum of 35% marks in the examination are admitted to the Degree programme.
All those who have attained the age of 18 years by the first day of July 2013 are eligible to apply for the entrance examination.
How to apply :-
- The students desirous of joining for the Degree course have to submit application online.
- To access online application, visit the home page of website www.universityofcalicut.info and click the link Open Stream Entrance Examination 2013.
- Before filling the application form the recent passport size photograph should be scanned and kept in JPEG format. Remit the fee by chalan/DD (Outside Kerala) towards the application fee. Photo in the printout of the application should be attested by Gazetted Officer.
- The printout, along-with chalan/DD , attested copies of documents to prove date of birth, Caste (if SC/ST), Self addressed stamped (Rs. 5) envelope of size 22 cm × 10 cm should be submitted to the Director, School of Distance Education in any of the manner given below and obtain study material and question bank.
- Candidates should keep the online Reg.No. for the purpose of downloading the Hall ticket.
- Candidates inside Kerala should remit the fees by way of chalan only. DD is not accepted.
- By Post : Printout along-with other documents be sent to the Director, School of Distance Education, Calicut University P.O.-673 635, Malappuram, Kerala, India. Those who submit by post should also enclose a self addressed stamped ( 120/-) envelope of size 30cm x 25 cm.
For direct submission:
Office of the Director, School of Distance Education on all working days between 10.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m..
- Candidates enrolled in India : Rs 1,000/-
- SC/ST: Rs 500/-
- Candidates enrolled abroad: USD 120
Last date of remittance of fee without fine June 20, 2013.
Last date of remittance of fee with a fine of 100/- June 27, 2013.
Last date for receipt of filled in applications in the office of SDE July 01, 2013.
Date of Entrance Examination : 10th & 11th August 2013