A few of them are as noted below.
1. Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the examination: the candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the commission. Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for interview/personality test.
2. How to apply: candidates are required to apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in detaIled instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website. Brief instructions for filling up the "online application form" given in appendix-ii.
3. Last date for receipt of applications: the online applications can be filled up to 4th of April, 2013 till 11.59 pm after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-admission certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e- admission certificate will be made available in the upsc website for downloading by candidates. No admission certificate will be sent by post.
5. Penalty for wrong answers: candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
6. For both writing and marking answers in the omr sheet [answer sheet], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use pencil or ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the "special instructions" contained in appendix-iii of the notice.
7. Facilitation counter for guidance of candidates: in case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact upsc's facilitation counter near gate ‘c' of itscampus in person or over telephone no. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
8. Mobile phones banned:
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/ pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
9. Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the examination halls, as safe-keeping of the same cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard. Candidates are required to apply only through online mode no other mode for submission of application is allowed.
CLICK HERE For More updates on UPSC.