- Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with 60% (for 55% SC/ST) of marks from a recognized university.
- Candidates who are appearing for final year/semester of BSc / BSc(Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum 3 years or BE/BTech in the academic year 2012-13 are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2013. Such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the head of institution where the candidate has studied) that he/she is appearing for the examinations during the academic year 2012-13 and can submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET-2013 preferably at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 15th September, 2013, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs. NIMCET-2013 will not reserve a seat to a candidate due to any reason claimed for not fulfilling the eligibility criteria including the delay in publishing the results by the concerned University/institute.
- The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2013 for deciding eligibility.
- NIMCET-2013 test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects.
- Mathematics: 50 Questions
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: 40 Questions
- Computer Awareness : 10 Questions
- General English : 20 Questions
- Each correctly answered question will carry FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to Negative One mark.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions if they are not sure of the correct answer.
- No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if a question is unanswered.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be negatively marked.
- The candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheet using black or blue ink ball point pen only.