Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other centrally funded Technical Institutions, Institutions funded by several participating State Governments, and several other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/other Qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
The Joint Entrance Exam will be conducted in two parts, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. JEE (Main) replaces the AIEEE entrance exam and JEE (Advanced) replaced the IIT-JEE entrance exam. The Paper-1 of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Mode of the Examination:
The Paper-1 of JEE (Main) will be conducted in two separate modes i.e. Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode. The Paper-2 of JEE (Main) will be conducted only in Pen and Paper based examination mode. A candidate will opt for either Pen and Paper Based or Computer Based examination modes for Paper-1 only.
Online Registration for JEE Main 2013:
- Candidates of JEE (Main) - 2013 have to apply online only.
- Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at JEE (Main) website.
- Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main) as well as JEE (Advanced). To check eligibility for the exam, click here.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form. Multiple applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
- The name in the application form must be the same as in class Xth pass certificate.
- The fee may be submitted either by credit/debit card or through Demand Draft. In case of Demand Draft, the same may be made in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi.
- In case the payment is made through Demand Draft, please mention your computer generated application no. and name on the reverse side of Demand Draft.
- The computer generated Confirmation Page with photograph pasted, address written and signed by the candidate and his/her parent must reach the JEE (Main) office on or before 26th December 2012. The completed Confirmation Page must be sent only by registered/speed post to the Executive Director, JEE (Main) - 2013 at the given below address.
- After submission of an application no options can be changed at a later stage.
- Application fee once paid is non-refundable
- The decision of the Joint Apex Board of JEE (Main) - 2013 regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.
- All correspondence related to JEE (Main) - 2013 should be addressed to the Executive Director, JEE (Main).
- The Honb'le High Court of Delhi at New Delhi alone will have the jurisdiction to settle and decide all matters and disputes related to JEE (Main) - 2013 as Joint Apex Board located at CBSE Delhi is organising the JEE (Main) - 2013 examination.