Budget Allocation Aid On Agriculture Universities

Agriculture Universities Budget Relief
The monetary grants allocated for agriculture universities across country in this budget have given a sense of relief to these institutes. These funds will be utilized for catalyzing the research activities at agriculture universities. Fund of Rs.100 crore each will be allocated to Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University (ANGRAU), Hyderabad and Kerala Agriculture University (KAU); Rs 25 crore to Agri Business school, IRMA (Institute of Rural Management, Anand and Rs 50 crore each to Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agriculture University, Hissar, University of Agriculture Sciences, Dharwad and Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology.


The monetary grant of Rs 100 crore to ANGRAU will promote research in bio technology, nano technology and bio control agents in the camous. At present, the university receives 80% of its total Rs.350 crore annual fund requirement from the state government while remaining 20% is received from central Schemes and ICAR (Indian Agriculture Research).

Besides agriculture institutes, business schools such as IRMA have also been granted a fund of Rs.25 crore for conducting research activities. IRMA proposes to upgrade the campus facilities to ensure large number of admissions, provide wide variety of programs, develop research centre of excellence and contribute towards making management programs focused on development of remote areas. The much needed monetary grants now allocated to the colleges will help them attain their objectives.

For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Select a Field of Study
Select a Course
Select UPSC Exam
Select IBPS Exam
Select Entrance Exam
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X