Yoga is a collection of spiritual, physical and mental practices. It received the global stature due to its principals in treatment which are without any side effects. Yoga has earned special recognition from the United Nations and declared June 21 as the International Yoga Day. Most of the educational institutions and schools celebrate International Yoga Day with various activities that include writing a Yoga essay. Here, we have listed a few ideas to write a Yoga essay.
What Is Yoga?
Yoga is a Sanskrit word which means "union", i.e., of the mind, spirit and body. Yoga concentrates on structured movement (Asanas) and breathing exercises (Pranayama), which are its integral parts. One who wants to write an essay on Yoga Day is advised to start with what is yoga. Students can also start with the history of yoga.
Students can write about the importance of yoga because of its benefits towards a healthy mind and body. It is advised to include a few points regarding the increase in flexibility, muscle strength and body tone.
International Yoga Day Essay
An essay on International Yoga Day is a good idea to discuss various facts. The United Nations has recognised its universal appeal regarding the International Yoga Day on December 11, 2014. The draft resolution proposed by India and endorsed by a record 175 member states.
International Yoga Day Theme
One can also write an essay regarding the International Yoga Day theme. Listed below the Yoga Day themes.
- 2020 Theme: Yoga for Health - Yoga at Home
- 2019 Theme: Yoga for Heart
- 2018 Theme: Yoga for Peace
- 2017 Theme: Yoga for Health
- 2016 Theme: Connect the Youth
Yoga Essay Writing Tips
- While writing an essay on Yoga Day in English, students are advised to keep the below points in mind, to make it better.
- Think about the type of essay you want to write such as narrative/descriptive/persuasive.
- Yoga is huge to write an essay. Do brainstorm on this point.
- We advise students to do some research about Yoga and its asanas.
- Prepare an outline of your essay before writing.
- Never go wrong with spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.