If you are the one who really enjoys the book reading, you should know the importance of World Book Day. Every year, World Book Day is observed on April 23. Not yet finished! Scroll down for amazing info on the World Book Day.
What Is World Book Day?
The World Book Day is dedicated to all the book lovers across the world. The day is celebrated to promote the enjoyment of books and reading. It was first observed in 1995 at an annual event organised on April 23 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Why World Book Day Is Celebrated On April 23?
Most of the book lovers believe that April 23 is a symbolic date in world literature because many prominent authors such as William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega died on this date. Hence, the UNESCO had decided to choose this date as the World Book and Copyright Day to pay a world-wide tribute to the authors and books. The day is also celebrated to encourage individuals to access books.
Top 25 World Book Day Quotes
We want to share some of the quotes on this World Book Day which will make you pick a book for reading. Here are the top 20 World Book Day quotes.
1. A room without books is like a body without a soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero
2. My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read - Abraham Lincoln
3. Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them - Lemony Snicket
4. If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it -Toni Morrison
5. If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all - Oscar Wilde.
6. You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me - C.S. Lewis
7. There is no friend as loyal as a book - Ernest Hemingway
8. Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world - Malala Yousafzai
9. So many books, so little time - Frank Zappa
10. Books are a uniquely portable magic - Stephen King
11. The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame - Oscar Wilde.
12. I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book - Groucho Marx
13. Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life - Mark Twain
14. I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book - Groucho Marx
15. It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it - Oscar Wilde
16. I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library - Jorge Luis Borges
17. Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well - Mark Haddon
18. If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking - Haruki Murakami
19. The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen
20. A great book should leave you with many experiences and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading - William Styron.
21. If we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads - Ralph Waldo Emerson.
22. The greatest gift is a passion for reading - Elizabeth Hardwick.
23. I was born with a reading list I will never finish - Maud Casey.
24. Never judge a book by its movie - J.W. Eagan
25. The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man - Clarence Shepard Day.