Pharmacist day is observed across the world on September 25. The World Pharmacists Day is celebrated by Pharmacists to promote their commitment to organise activities that promote and advocate for the role of the pharmacist in improving health in all parts of the world.
Many people along with students wonder why Pharmacist Day is celebrated on September 25? The International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP), the global federation of national associations of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, came into existence on September 25, 1912. The FIP Council in Istanbul, Turkey, in 2009 suggested to observe the Pharmacist Day on September 25 because on this day FIP came into existence. Hence, we celebrate World Pharmacist Day on September 25.
Pharmacist Day Themes
- World Pharmacist Day 2019 - Safe and effective medicines for all
- World Pharmacist Day 2018 - Pharmacists: Your medicines experts
- World Pharmacist Day 2017 - From research to health care: Your pharmacist is at your service
- World Pharmacist Day 2016 - Pharmacists: Caring for you
- World Pharmacist Day 2015 - Pharmacists: Your partners in health
- World Pharmacist Day 2014 - Access to pharmacists is access to health
- World Pharmacist Day 2013 - Pharmacists: simplifying your medicines use, no matter how complex
- World Pharmacist Day 2012 - Pharmacists - Your partners in using medicines responsibility
What To Expect From World Pharmacist Day
Every individual on this planet including students should know the objectives behind celebrating the World Pharmacist Day on September 25. The primary objective is to improve the health services for patients through the effective usage of therapeutic products. Increasing the importance of pharmacists in the medical team.
Let's appreciate the efforts of pharmacists on this special day with our warm greetings!