The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the recruitment notification for the post of Junior Engineers (JE). The post of Junior Engineer fall under Group B (Non-Gazetted) and notification was released for the engineering disciplines such as Civil, Mechanical and Electrical. The selected candidates will be placed at various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
The competition for the SSC Junior Engineer will not be less. Candidates who are aiming to crack the examination should pick the right books for preparation. Many SSC JE preparation books are available in the market, however, we have decided to list the best books which held candidates to score well in the examination. Explore the list of SSC JE preparation books.
SSC JE Selection Process
The SSC select the candidates based on the written examination. The written test consists of two papers i.e. Paper-I (computer-based examination) and Paper-II (Descriptive type). The selection will be made based on the marks obtained in both the papers.
SSC JE Preparation Books
The exam consists of two papers. The first paper is an objective type that carries 200 marks. The duration of the exam is two hours. It consists of general intelligence and reasoning, general awareness and general engineering (civil & structural/electrical/mechanical). However, the second paper is only related to the engineering domain.
SSC Junior Engineer Preparation Books For Paper 1
General Intelligence & Reasoning Books
- Lucent reasoning by Bhupendra Kumar Singh
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Arihant General Knowledge
- Yearbook - Manorama or India Year Book
SSC JE Mechanical Engineering Books
- Kanna's Mechanical Objective Type by Dr Sadhu Singh
- Mechanical Engineering for competitions by RK Jain
- Objective Mechanical Engineering by GK Publications
- Kiran's SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical by Kiran Publication
SSC JE Civil Engineering Books
- SSC JE Civil Engineering Previous Year Solved Papers by Made Easy Publication
- Civil Engineering: Through Objective Type Questions by SP Gupta & SS Gupta
- SSC Junior Engineers Exam Guide by R Gupta
SSC JE Electrical Engineering Books
- Objective Electrical Technology by VK Mehta & Rohit Mehta
- Electrical Engineering Objective Types Question by A Handa M. Handa
- Question Bank in Electrical Engineering by JB Gupta
Also Read: How To Crack SSC CGL In The First Attempt?