The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has released a recruitment notification for the Non Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) Graduate & Undergraduate Posts. The recruitment notification was released for 35,277 vacancies that include Under Graduate and Graduate posts.
When the total number of posts is more than 35K, the competition for the examination will be huge. Aspirants need to pick the right books for RRB NTPC preparation to stand out from the crowd. Here are some of the best RRB NTPC books for preparation.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
Aspirants are advised to get familiar with the RRB NTPC exam pattern which helps them to choose the best books for preparation. The selection process of RRB NTPC consists of two Computer-based tests (CBT). Candidates will be tested on subjects such as General Awareness, Mathematics and General Intelligence & Reasoning. With the name of the subjects, it is clear that aspirants should focus only on these three sections.
RRB NTPC Books
General Intelligence & Reasoning Books
1. Lucent reasoning by Bhupendra Kumar Singh
2. A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
3. Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
4. Lucent General Knowledge
5. Arihant General Knowledge
6. Objective General Science by Expert Compilations
7. Yearbook - Manorama or India Year Book
8. Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
9. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma - Arihant Publications
10. Magical Book On Quicker Maths by M Tyra - BSC Publications
Tips To Choose RRB NTPC Books
The above-displayed list of RRB NTPC books is some of the best resources available in the market. Candidates can prefer other preparation books as well. However, they need to be smart while picking the RRB NTPC books.
- The syllabus of the general awareness in the RRB NTPC exam is huge. Candidates are advised to check whether most of the topics are covered or not.
- It is not advised to pick the books that combine current affairs and general awareness because the facts will get the least importance.
- While choosing the books for mathematics, candidates should check whether the book contains any short cuts or not, apart from regular explanation.
- Candidates should make good use of the previous year's question papers while preparing for the RRB NTPC exam. Hence, pick the book that contains the same.
- Practise is the key in mathematics and general intelligence & reasoning section. Choose the book that contains the number of practise papers and/or sample papers.