The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will be releasing the first stage computer based test (CBT) ALP & Technician exam result on December 20, 2018. Earlier, RRB had announced the exam result in the month of November which was again sent for revision because a few candidates had reported that there were errors in question/translation. RRB has also released a notice regarding rescheduling of the ALP & Technician second stage CBT exam. The test will be held on January 21, 22 & 23, 2019.
In the latest notification, RRB has also published the exam pattern for the ALP & Technician second stage. The exam is divided into two parts and the duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes. In order to crack the RRB ALP 2nd stage examination, one should opt for a unique preparation strategy. Here are the preparation tips one should know to stand out from the crowd.
RRB ALP 2nd CBT Exam Pattern
The second stage of the RRB ALP & Technician exam is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B.
The duration of the exam is 90 minutes. There will be negative marking for wrong answers. For every wrong answer, one-third mark will be deducted.
|S No||Section||No of Questions||Marks|
|2||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
|3||Basic Science and Engineering||40||40 |
|4||General Awareness and Current Affairs||10||10|
The duration of the exam is 60 minutes. The total number of questions is 75. There will be negative marking for wrong answers. For every wrong answer, one-third mark will be deducted.
Top 10 Preparation Tips To Ace RRB ALP 2nd Stage CBT
1. The first and foremost thing is to get familiar with the concepts and their applications. Devote at least 2 to 3 hours for every section to know the positives and negatives in it.
2. Some sections such as mathematics and reasoning require a lot of practice. While practising, make sure that you cover all types of questions which will help you grasp the topic.
3. Mathematics is the most important section where a test-taker can earn the perfect score. However, the right approach is required. Most number of questions will be from topics such as Number system, BODMAS, HCF & LCM, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Time and distance, etc.
4. Revision is the most important part in the competitive examinations such as RRB ALP. During the last phase of preparation, one should devote maximum time to revision.
5. General intelligence and reasoning are also important for scoring. However, make sure you have covered all the important topics.
6. The importance of basic science and engineering is on top. A total of 40 questions will be asked from this section alone. One has to be good at engineering drawing that typically covers projections, views, drawing instruments, lines, geometric figures and symbolic representation.
7. In order to excel in basic science and engineering, one should master concepts and formulas related to different topics. Aspirants should also attempt different quizzes.
8. The important topics in the basic science and engineering are mass weight and density, work power and energy, speed and velocity, heat and temperature, basic electricity, levers and simple machines, occupational safety and health and environment education.
9. Be familiar with all the national events which will be useful to answer the current affairs section.
10. Lastly, the mock tests play a significant role in cracking the exam such as RRB ALP. We advise candidates to take at least one mock test daily during the last week of preparation.