The entire Nation is lit up in tricolour to celebrate the 72nd Indian Republic Day on 26th January 2021. It is not just another national holiday and is the feeling of honour as India got independence from British rule in 1950 and got 'Purna Swaraj'. It is the day on which the Constitution of India officially came into effect. People celebrate republic day to mark the first revolution against the British regime.
January 26 carries sentimental significance for our country. It was on January 26, 1930, that the Indian National Congress proclaimed the demand for complete independence in the Lahore session. After that, on 26th January 1950, India came into existence as a Republic. And ever since then January 26 is celebrated as Republic Day every year. It is a great celebration and a moment of pride for the whole nation. The day reminds us about all the fundamental rights and privileges the country has offered us. The entire nation is decked up in tricolour.
Essays On Republic Day For Students And Teachers
Given below are some short essay ideas for students and teachers by Careerindia to write an essay on the topic of Republic Day.
1. Republic Day is considered a national day of importance and is celebrated every year on the 26th of January. Republic Day is celebrated because India got its Constitution on this day. A committee was formed after few days when India got its Independence on the 15th of August. And on 29th August, a constituent assembly was formed. Dr. B.R. Ambedkar became the first chairperson of this committee.
The handwritten copies of the Constitution were signed by the members of the constituent assembly in January 1950. After two days, on 26th January 1950, it was announced as Republic Day. There is also another historical significance of this day as Jawaharlal Nehru was appointed as the President of the Indian National Congress and also 'Poorna Swaraj' was declared.
Republic Day is celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm and patriotism across the country.
2. On the 26th of January, 1950, India celebrated its first Republic Day. The country got Independence on 15th August 1947, after which a constituent assembly was formed for making the Constitution of India. It took two years to make the Constitution which was finally completed on 26th November 1949.
This day also holds various historical significance for the country. Two most important things happened on this day. First, Jawaharlal Nehru got elected as the President of the Indian National Congress, and second, 'Poorna Swaraj' meaning 'Complete Independence' was declared. Jawaharlal Nehru promised his citizens to make them free from the oppressors. Thus, the 26th of January is celebrated as Independence Day. Later it got changed as we got Independence on 15th August 1947. Hence, the 26th of January is celebrated as Republic Day.
After Independence, making Constitution was important for the country. A constituent assembly was formed that later build the Constitution of India. The same day is referred to as Republic Day.
All across the country people hoist the national flag and pay tribute to martyrs. The President of India raises the national flag at Rajpath in New Delhi followed by a grand celebration.
You Can Also Prepare Speeches And Essays On These Topics:
1. Importance and History of Republic Day
2. The Constitution of India
3. Know the history of Tricolour
4. The Constitution of India is the world's largest written constitution!
5. Republic Day first parade was held in 1955
6. Dr. Rajendra Prasad's first speech
7. How 'Vande Mataram' got national song status
8. Learn the rules and laws of flag-hoisting