In his two-decade-long career, Puneeth Rajkumar, also known as Appu and Power Star, has appeared in numerous blockbuster films. In the Kannada film industry, he had a massive fan base. Unfortunately, the actor died this morning while working out in the gym after having a major heart attack. He was admitted to Bengaluru's Vikram Hospital this morning at 11.30 a.m. Puneeth Rajkumar was a well-known Kannada film actor who died at the age of 46. Thousands of fans gathered in front of the hospital to pay their respects to the star. Fans were seen crying outside the hospital after receiving the news, which came as a complete shock to the whole fan base and film industry.
Here are some interesting and unknown facts about the Kannada Superstar, Puneeth Rajkumar.
- Puneeth Rajkumar's real name was Lohit, and he made his acting debut in 1976 with the film 'Premada Kanike,' as a child artist. He has appeared in a number of films as a child actor.
- He made his acting debut in the 2002 film Appu, and recently, he played a protagonist in KGF's film 'Yuvarathnaa.'
- Before making his Sandalwood debut, Puneeth Rajkumar worked as Master Lohith in over 16 films. For the 1985 film Bettada Hoovu, he even won the prestigious National Award for the Best Child Artist.
- Poornima Rajkumar, Puneeth's cousin sister, and actor Honnavalli taught him how to act. He could not take formal education.
- He was affectionately referred to as Power Star and Mithoon Chakravarty's "I am a disco dancer" was his favourite song.
- Ashwini, the actor's wife, was introduced to him by a mutual friend. Their friendship blossomed into love, and in 1999, the couple got married.
- After dabbling in the television industry, Puneeth Rajkumar got well-known among the family audience. His unforgettable show Kannadadha Kotiyaadhipathi is also very famous.
- The actor was most recently seen in the Kannada film Yuvarathnaa, which was a huge success.