National Youth Day is celebrated on January 12, because, on this day, the great spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda was born. Indian Government declares the birthday of Swami Vivekananda as National Youth Day to honour the great philosopher. Vivekananda stands as a universal icon of youth who always believe the eternal energy of the youth. The monk is popular across the world for introducing the Vedanta and Yoga to the western world.
Yuva Diwas, also known as National Youth Day, is celebrated across the country in schools and colleges with various activities such as Debates, speeches, rallies, seminars, etc. On this January 12, lets tour National Youth Day theme, National Youth Day quotes and National Youth Day history.
National Youth Day History
In 1984, the Indian Government decided to celebrate the birthday of Swami Vivekananda as National Youth Day. Since then, from 1985, National Youth Day is observed across the country without fail. The intention behind dedicating the National Youth Day is to empower young people through the life and ideas of Swami Vivekananda.
National Youth Day Theme
- National Youth Day 2021 Theme - "YUVAAH - Utsah Naye Bharat Ka"
- National Youth Day 2020 Theme - "Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building"
- National Youth Day 2019 Theme - "Transforming Education"
- National Youth Day 2018 Theme - "Sankalp Se Siddhi"
- National Youth Day 2017 Theme - "Youth for Digital India"
- National Youth Day 2016 Theme - "Indian Youth for Development, Skill and Harmony"
- Arise, awake, and stop not until the goal is achieved.
- Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead, if you lose, you can guide.
- Believe in yourself and the world will be at your feet.
- Talk to yourself once in a day, otherwise, you may miss meeting an excellent person in this world.
- All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
- Be a hero. Always say, I have no fear
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- Take risks in your life, If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide!
- Meditation can turn fools into sages but unfortunately, fools never meditate.
- Do one thing at a Time, and while doing it put your whole Soul into it to the exclusion of all else.
When Is National Youth Day Celebrated In India?
Every year, India celebrates National Youth Day on January 12 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.