International Labour Day or International Worker's Day is observed each year on May 1st to commemorate the achievements of the working class. Labour Day is popularly called as May Day and observed as a public holiday in India along with other countries. The first of May was chosen to commemorate the 1886 Haymarket affair in Chicago. May Day, which is also known as Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas or Kamgar Din in India, was first celebrated in the country in 1923. We have listed Labour Day quotes that surely inspire job seekers. Explore top 35 May Day quotes 2021.
Labour Day Quotes 2021 On May Day
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others: Mahatma Gandhi
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it: Mother Teresa
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work: Aristotle
- Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having except as a result of hard work: Booker T. Washington
- Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration: Thomas Edison
- Find something you love to do, and you'll never have to work a day in your life: Harvey Mackay
- Without labour nothing prospers: Sophocles
- Dare to be honest and fear no labour: Robert Burns
- Nothing will work unless you do: Maya Angelou
- Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration. The rest of us just get up and go to work: Stephen King
- I learned the value of hard work by working hard: Margaret Mead
- A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them: Elbert Hubbard
- Genius begins great works. Labour alone finishes them: Joseph Joubert
- No work is insignificant. All labour that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence: Martin Luther King Jr
- No human masterpiece has been created without great labour: Andre Gide
- The fruit derived from labour is the sweetest of pleasures: Luc de Clapiers
- Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it: Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Take rest. A field that has rested gives a bountiful crop: Ovid
- I didn't get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it: Estée Lauder
- All wealth is the product of labour: John Locke
- The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work: Oprah Winfrey
- Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life: Confucius
- Before the reward, there must be labour. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy: Ralph Ransom
- It is only through labour and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things: Theodore Roosevelt
- Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don't let anyone limit your dreams: Donovan Bailey
- It is labour indeed that puts the difference on everything: John Locke
- Labour is the only prayer that Nature answers: Robert Green Ingersoll
- International solidarity is not an act of charity: It is an act of unity between allies fighting on different terrains toward the same objective: Samora Machel
- A hundred times every day, I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labour of other men, living and dead, and hat I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have receive and am still receiving: Albert Einstein
- Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it: Maya Angelou
- Just try new things. Don't be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?: Michelle Obama
- A lot of hard work is hidden behind nice things: Ralph Lauren
- Everything in the world is purchased by labour: David Hume
- Without labour there is no rest, nor without fighting can the victory be won: Thomas à Kempis
- I've heard of nothing coming from nothing, but I've never heard of absolutely nothing coming from hard work: Uzo Aduba
Labour Day Quotes: Samuel Gompers
"Labor Day is devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race or nation"
Labour Day Quotes: Greek proverb
"Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness"
Labour Day Quotes 3: – Victor Hugo
"A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labour and there is an invisible labour"
Labour Day Quotes: Confucius
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"
Labour Day Quotes: Thomas A.Edison
"There is no substitute for hard work"
Labour Day Quotes: John Locke
"It is labour indeed that puts the difference on everything."
Labour Day Quotes: Marc Chagall
"Work isn't to make money; you work to justify life."
Labour Day Quotes: Leonardo da Vinci
"God sells us all things at the price of labour"
Labour Day Quotes: Elbert Hubbard
"A man is not paid for having a head and hands, but for using them."
Labour Day Quotes: Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it."
Labour Day Quotes: Martin Luther King Jr.
"All labour that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence"
Labour Day Quotes: Adam Smith
"Labor was the first price, the original purchase - money that was paid for all things"
Labour Day Quotes: Anatole France
"Man is so made that he can only find relaxation from one kind of labour by taking up another."