God's best gift to her parents is a daughter. This is why every year on the 4th Sunday of September, there is a special day dedicated to them called International Daughter's Day. The date for this year's celebration is September 26. Some countries, however, observe it on different days.
History Of International Daughter's Day
Daughters in patriarchal society frequently have fewer familial rights than sons; while this is less common in big cities, it is still prevalent in many countries. One of the primary causes of infanticide is that some families prefer to have sons rather than daughters. Women are sometimes penalised when they have a daughter, and girls in impoverished nations are frequently considered as a burden.
As a result, this day is commemorated to pay praises to daughters and to let them know how wonderful they are. This day is also about promoting gender equality and creating awareness for the girl child. It is also commemorated to raise public awareness about the importance of females receiving equal rights and opportunities.
Significance Of International Daughter's Day
The importance of a daughter, particularly in maintaining family bonds, cannot be overstated. Her parenting style has a significant impact on the growth and development of children, as well as the development of society and, as a result, the country. However, women, on the other hand, have always been viewed as second-class citizens to men.
The society has been dominated by men, and women only got the right to vote in 1920 after a long struggle. As a result, observance of days such as International Women's Day becomes increasingly important in eradicating the stigma attached to girls in society. Girls must be accepted as clever, sympathetic, self-reliant, and level-headed members of society.
Quotes On International Daughter's Day
- "A daughter may outgrow your lap but she'll never outgrow your heart." Unknown
- You are my angel, you remind me of the goodness in this world and inspire me to be the greatest version of myself." Steve Maraboli
- "Daughters are angels sent from above to fill our heart with unending love" by J. Lee
- A daughter is the best thing that can happen to you because a daughter fills your heart with magic and love. Happy Daughter's day.
- A mother and a daughter always share a special bond, which is engraved in their hearts.