Those who are closely watching the business industry surely nod their head that the marketing strategies have been changed over the past few years. Social media marketing has been introduced in the recent times to capture the market strategically.
Most of the current generation folk spend much time on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Due to this reason, many companies want to make most out of it by engaging with the customers and promoting the products while increasing the brand value. In order to achieve these goals, companies started recruiting social media managers. If you are a social geek, you can make this your professional career. Let's learn everything about a career as a social media manager.
Social Media Manager
A social media manager is the person who actively maintains the company's social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. They need to promote the product of the company on social profiles.
Roles & Responsibilities Of A Social Media Manager
- One should promote the products of the company.
- A social media manager is responsible for creating marketing campaigns.
- They should know the trends to create the posts.
- Need to construct a calendar for social media content to maintain the engagement with consumers.
- One should understand the needs of consumers while interacting.
- They should closely monitor the reviews of products on social profiles.
- They should should be well-versed in writing to create relevant content if required.
Educational Qualifications For A Social Media Manager
As we said earlier, there is no specific eligibility criteria to pursue a career as a social media manager. A three or four-year bachelor degree is enough to start a career as a social media manager. Most of the companies recruit the candidates for the post of social media manager with a bachelor's degree in any discipline. However, the edge will be for the candidates who come from marketing, journalism, communications and public relations. If a candidate is not from any of the above mentioned backgrounds, relevant work experience will help them land a very good job.
Skills Required For A Social Media Manager
As we said earlier, this is a creative profession, so one should hone certain skills to be a successful social media manager. Here are some of the top skills required.
- One should hone their skills in graphic production because the images and video will have more reach compared to content.
- They should have advanced writing skills, which means, they need to convey all the information in a single line.
- A customer-service mindset is required to build a strong base.
- The SEO service should be their prime focus and they should know all key analytics to promote their product.
- One has to know the content marketing strategies well.
- The traditional advertising is not required much, however, one should know social advertising.
Certification Courses For A Social Media Manager
This is a creative profession and one should nourish their inherent skills to be a successful social media manager. Aspiring candidates will find a few social media manager certification courses available in the market. Most of the courses provide inputs on the roles and responsibilities of a social media manager. Aspirants are suggested to enquire about the faculty and the credibility of the coaching institute before joining the course. One can even opt for online courses for a social media manager.
Career Opportunities For A Social Media Manager
Interested people can start their career as social media executives and can reach the position of a digital marketing team lead within no time. After gaining enough work experience, we suggest you gain knowledge in SEO marketing while working, which can make your career lucrative. Starting from restaurants to MNCs, almost all the companies recruit social media managers and establish a dedicated unit. As a fresher, one can start their career as a social media manager with a package no less than three lakhs.