In the present scenario, the sports industry has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options.
There were days where sports were considered as just an activity or hobby but the sports industry is so vast with a plethora of opportunities. A career in sports is marked as a unique occupation and has the potential to build character and reveal it.
Belief+Work ethic= Result. Is the successful mantra in Sports.
Sports symbolize the level of fitness, competitive edge, physique, popularity, and fame that everyone wishes they had. In some countries, certain sportsmen are so famous and admired that they are actually worshipped. It is clear that achieving that level of fame is no easy task and requires years of dedicated training and practice.
Great athletes, whether they be cricketers, basketball or baseball players, formula 1 drivers, footballers or rugby players put in a substantial amount of their time and energy in perfecting their skills. To know more about such individuals, their life's story and interesting facts, you just have to read this article.
Who is AB de Villiers?
Abraham Benjamin de Villiers born on 17 February 1984 Pretoria. His father's name is Dr. Abraham P de Villiers and has two siblings Jan and Wessels. He attended the Afrikaanse Hoër Seunskool or Afrikaans High School for Boys, also known as Affies. AB, as he is called by the cricket fans all over the globe, isn't just a cricketer. He is called as Mr. 360°and Superman of cricket.
Fancy Sports? Do it like ABD Villiers!
- AB de Villiers is a champion sportsman with an all- round interests during his growing years. AB De Villiers sure has lit up the passion and prospects in the cricketing world, not to mention beyond. He is currently the Captain of South Africa in ODIs and Test Cricket.
- He also received the national medal on completion of a science project from Nelson Mandela.
- His talent as a right-handed batsman was evident throughout his schooling days and marked his envious records and achievements in not one but many different sports.
- That is why some say that he was born to play sports and luckily for the cricket fans, he chose cricket as a profession at the age of 18.
- AB de Villiers also took part in a lot of Games at the national level including Tennis, Golf, Rugby and Cricket. De Villiers was a part of U-16 hockey Team of South Africa, a good swimmer having records in swimming championships at the national level.
- He has been Badminton national champion in the U-19 category. De Villiers, before his start of International Cricket Career, distinguished himself as a most talented athlete in South Africa.
- He is a devout Christian and has stated that his faith is crucial to his approach to life. He is also an accomplished guitar player and a singer.
- In 2010, he released a bilingual pop album entitled 'Maak Jou Drome Waar' with his friend and acclaimed South African singer Ampie du Preez.
- He is also a self-admitted Manchester United fan, having followed the club since Ryan Giggs' debut.
- AB de Villiers has made World records as well as National level records.