NIMCET is a national level entrance test, conducted for admissions into Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses in select National Institutes of Technology (NITs).
The first NIMCET was first conducted in 2005. eligible candidates can get admissions into the following NITs through NIMCET: Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Suratkal, Tirichunapalli and Warangal.
Candidates with an aggregate of 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA on a 10 point scale in:
- Bachelor degree of full time (3 year duration) from a recognised university in any discipline, with mathematics as one of the subjects in graduation and also at 10+2 level.
- B.E/B.Tech or equivalent from a recognised university are eligible to appear for the exam
- Candidates appearing for the final semester examination are also eligible to apply, for which the candidates shall have to furnish the proof of candidature for appearing the examinations during the academic year
- Candidates shall have to submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET at the time of counselling, admission failing, which their admission is liable to be cancelled. For registration
- Candidate between 21-25 years can apply for the exam.
Question paper consists of 120 questions with multiple choice covers the below subjects
|Analytical Ability and logical reasoning||40 questions|
|Computer Awareness||10 questions|
|General English||20 questions|
Exam time frame
- Two hours
- NIMCET exam is conducted in the month of May and June
- Interested candidates can fill in the form available on the university's website by creating username and password.
- One time password (OTP) will be send to applicants mobile number at the time of registration process which is required to be entered in the OTP page.
- After this, filling of online application form is completed.The print out of the generated application form along with all relevant documents should be sent to the postal address within the scheduled time.