Family therapy is a type of psychological counselling (psychotherapy) that helps family members improve communication and resolve conflicts. It is good for everyone to learn it as it makes life better through better skills. The good thing about learning is that it is not just a life skill but also fetches you a profession as a counsellor.
National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) is offering a short term course on child, adolescent and family therapy for those who have the relevant qualification to learn it.
1st October to 31st March 2017-2018
Last date for submitting application is 31st August
M.Phil. (2-year full-time program only) in Clinical Psychology or its equivalent
Number of seats available
- Preference will be given to Non-NIMHANS-trained candidates
- One seat for sponsored candidate from Central / State Government. If no eligible candidates are available under sponsored category, such seats shall be filled by other candidates.
Rs.18,000/- for the entire course (Non-refundable)
Depending on the availability, NIMHANS Hostel room can be provided. However, the allotment of room cannot be guaranteed.
How to apply for short term course on child, adolescent and family therapy at NIMHANS?
In order to apply for short term course on child, adolescent and family therapy at NIMHANS, follow the steps given here
Submit a letter with
- Your Bio-Data
- Attested copy of your M.Phil. or equivalent DegreeCertificate (Provisional Degree Certificate in case the Degree Certificate is not yet awarded
- One reference letter, and
- One page write-up on 'how will you intend to use the knowledge gained in this course, with reference to clinical services'.
- To the 'The Director, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore - 29', super-scribing the name of the course on the cover
- Dr.AhalyaRaguram, Professor
- Dr. Uma H, Professor
- Dr.Anisha Shah, Professor
- Dr.Roopesh BN, Associate Professor