Every educational system has factors or features that influence and determine and also shape the system. The character of any system is not determined by a single factor, rather it depends on a combination of several factors.
Learning is not always as simple as going to school, however, there are many factors that affect education like economy, career, diversity, teachers, interest of the student in learning and his family. These factors include the key characteristics that affect learning and how they influence educational activities.
Quality education costs money but only a few understand the hidden costs of education. The concentration of wealth in a decreasing nobility may have several impacts on education.
- Private school education can be opted only by the upper-class kids, public schools see a greater proportion of kids with unsatisfied needs.
- The percentage of minority students may increase from low-income homes and this places an additional demand on school systems.
- Quality of education may vary widely across the economic grade.
Millions of people are officially unemployed and the number would increase in the years ahead.
- Increase in competition may make it difficult to find work.
- The purpose of schooling might need a change due to relatively low unemployment.
- Segregation in school is on the rise and there is a widening gap between the society's wealthiest and poorest populations.
- If the majority of school-age children are minorities, it may increase racism, prejudice, polarization and debate over bilingual education.
Education is viewed differently in different cultures. As a country of a wide variety of cultures, we can see students of various backgrounds. The largest cultural issue we face in school is the language barrier.
- If the student cannot understand English or the regional language, the student can have trouble understanding the lesson.
- This also hinders the communication between the student and the teacher, further leading to aggravation of cultural differences.
- Teachers of the elementary school level are usually qualified to teach all subjects but teachers of the high school are often qualified to teach in a specialised subject.
- When teachers are moved around to teach subjects out of their specialisations, it may affect learning in students.
Student's Zeal in Education
- Desire, students express to learn can have a significant effect on their education.
- The desire of a student to learn can overcome other factors like economy, culture and age.
Family is where a child becomes socialized through his interactions with his parents, siblings and relatives.
- Children who have not developed family attachments have tough time adjusting to the social system of the school.
- Children who have a secure relationship use it as a support to explore their environment.
- On the other hand, children with authoritarian parents may never be comfortable to explore themselves.
Despite the evidence that link students' goals and ambitions in education, certain factors that influence education are not well understood. There are a number of general factors that are well understood to motivate young children, the important question is that, which of these factors matter most. A variety of factors like social background, economic status, parental and peer influences and the child's overall perception of school are considered to affect education and learning.