USA is one of the best destinations abroad for those students who aspire to pursue advanced degree programmes such as MS. The MS degree, in the US higher education system, is considered as the first graduate level qualification or second cycle degree.
Masters in Science from USA is an increasingly popular field of higher education for most Indian students. With increased scholarships and loans, students have wide range of colleges to choose from.
A masters degree from some of the top universities in the US is luring students for not just its excellent academics and internationally claimed degrees, but also for the experience of cultural diversity and global employment opportunities.
If you are dreaming of a MS degree from US, go through the following list of top ranking US universities offering MS programme:
Harvard University, Cambridge
- Harvard University is the undisputed leader for a Master's in Science programme.
- The university is home for 57 study divisions, departments and 16 interfaculty programmes, offering intensive master's programme.
- Most popular courses for a MS at Harvard University are computer science, IT, bioengineering,mechanical etc.
Yale University, New Haven
- The Yale university was founded in 1701 and is ranked among the top universities for various disciplines including life sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities, etc.
- The most popular MS programme at the Yale are biomedical, chemical, life sciences, applied sciences, etc.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
- MIT is the best among the top colleges offering engineering and IT programmes around the world.
- Most popular MS programmes at the MIT are bioengineering, biology, brain and cognitive sciences, operations research and many more.
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
- Established in the 1900, the Carnegie Institute of Technology is highly regarded for both the arts and technology.
- The popular majors here for MS are computer science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Systems Science and Theory, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Established in the 1891, the Stanford University is a private, coeducational institution.
- The popular majors here for MS programme are engineering, biological and biomedical science, library science, physical sciences,etc.
University of California, Berkeley
- This institute was established in 1868, and is referred as UC Berkeley. It is a public coeducation institution and is consistently well ranked university in the world.
- The most popular majors here are biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, engineering, natural resources and conservation, and many more.
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- The Cornell University, established in 1865, is the federal land-grand institution of New York.
- Cornell university has one of the most comprehensive student services programmes, organised to make Cornell like home.
- Some the popular majors at the Cornell are engineering, Agriculture, Agriculture Operations, and Related Sciences, Biological and Biomedical Sciences ,Social Sciences, etc.
University of Washington, Seattle
- Established in the 1861, University of Washington is one of the oldest state supported institutions of higher education and is one of the preeminent research universities in the world.
- Some of the popular MS programmes at UW are Social Sciences , Biological and Biomedical Sciences , Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services , Engineering , Psychology
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Princeton University is the 4th oldest college in the United States. It is a world-renowned research university, with generous financial aid programmes.
- Some of the popular majors at Princeton are architecture, engineering, finance, public affairs and public policy.
University of Texas, Austin
- University of Texas at Austin is one of the largest public universities in the United States and is the largest institution of the University of Texas System.
- Some of the popular majors here: Engineering, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Social Sciences, etc.