Agriculture is an ancient practice for human sustenance. The introduction of technology into the field of agriculture has reshaped the industry and has improved with the way we farm around the world. A degree in agricultural science is a career that touches all disciplines of math and sciences and is something that touches people's lives around the world.
Studying agriculture can be one of the best career choices that provides you with a chance to work closely with nature and technology. Studying agriculture abroad is a fantastic experience and you will be working in a highly important industry that is considered both fast-moving and high-tech.
Agricultural sciences deal with the research and development on production techniques, improving productivity, minimising pest infestation, transforming end-consumer products, correction of environmental effects, crop production modelling, food production on basis of global demand and various other sciences relating to agricultural and environmental resources.
We provide with the list of universities that are best in providing education in the field of agriculture sciences. According to the QS World University Rankings, the following universities are the top 10 agriculture universities abroad:
|Rank||Name of the Institution||Place|
|1|| University of California, Davis ||USA|
|2|| Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University||USA|
|4||University of California, Berkeley (UCB)||USA|
|6||University of Wisconsin-Madison||USA|
|7||The Australian National University||Australia|
|8||Iowa State University||USA|
|9||Oregon State University||USA|
|10||Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences||Sweden|
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences is a university with comprehensive knowledge of the sustainable use of biological natural resources, as well as of the environmental and life sciences.
- Their activities span from genes and molecules to biodiversity, animal health, bioenergy and food supply.
Oregon State University
- The College of Agricultural Sciences at Oregon State University works relating to agricultural and food systems, and a major source of knowledge regarding environmental quality, natural resources, life sciences, and rural economies and communities worldwide.
- The College provides undergraduate and graduate education leading to baccalaureate and graduate degrees, and extended education programs throughout Oregon and beyond.
Iowa State University
- Iowa State University ranked eighth among universities worldwide offering agriculture and forestry.
- Nearly $2 million in scholarships are offered each year to CALS students.
The Australian National University
- ANU is a world-leading university in Australia's capital city, Canberra.
- ANU focuses on research as an asset, and an approach to education, ensures our graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to understand, and apply vision and creativity to addressing complex contemporary challenges.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
- College of Agricultural & Life Sciences University of Wisconsin-Madison aims to provide students high quality career development through direct education and partnerships with employers, academic departments, and other campus units.
- Purdue University's College of Agriculture is one of the world's leading colleges of agricultural, food, life, and natural resource sciences.
University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- UC Berkeley offers a wide array of programs and initiatives related to food and agriculture systems, encompassing many disciplines, departments, academic program areas, institutes, centers, student initiatives, and services spanning the campus and the community.
- UC Berkeley continues to be deeply engaged and active in food and agriculture.
- Wageningen University focuses to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life.
- About 10,000 students from 100 countries study here in the healthy food and living environment for governments and the business community-at-large.
The core domains at Wageningen UR are:
- Food and food production
- Living environment
- Health, lifestyle and livelihood
Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
- Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University are known to discover, integrate, disseminate, and apply knowledge about food & energy systems, the life sciences, the environmental sciences, and economic & community vitality as a basis for sustainable improvement in the lives of people throughout the world.
- They are known to develop agricultural systems to establish and maintain safe, nutritious food supplies for current and future generations.
University of California, Davis
- UC Davis is a famous for its outstanding programmes in biological and agricultural sciences.
- UC Davis are a top-ranked global leader in food, agricultural, environmental, and social/human sciences.
- They are global leaders in developing solutions to the real-world problems by promoting sustainable agriculture and food systems.