Students often face confusion when selecting a proper college in order to pursue Engineering degree courses. They always look for a well-developed college, which provides an excellent infrastructure, placements and faculties.
Every year, the engineering colleges ranking is conducted, where colleges across state are ranked on the basis of the overall growth of the institutions, improvement in academics, placement and more.
Also, some of the private magazines and universities do conduct research about the ranking of the engineering colleges all over the India.
Here is the list of the top 10 engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu 2014:
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research.
- The Institute was formally inaugurated in 1959 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs. Read more
Amrita University, Coimbatore
- Amrita University is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research university that is accredited 'A' by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research universities in India.
- The university is spread across five campuses in three states of India - Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. Read more
Anna University, Chennai, CEG Campus
- Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University.
- It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society.
- Besides promoting research and disseminating knowledge gained therefrom, it fosters cooperation between the academic and industrial communities. Read more
National Institute of Technology, Trichy
- The National Institute of Technology (formerly known as Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirappalli, situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of river Cauvery.
- It was started as a joint and co-operative venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 with a view to catering to the needs of man-power in technology for the country. Read more
VIT University, Vellore
- VIT University was established in 1984.
- The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe.
- Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. Read more
PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- PSG College of Technology, an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution is one of the foremost institutions founded by the PSG & Sons' Charities Trust (1926).
- The College was established in the year 1951 and the Founders wisely decided to locate it in the same campus as the PSG Industrial Institute for effective industry-institute interaction. Read more
SASTRA University, Thanjavur
- Shanmugha College of Engineering which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY [SASTRA].
- It has carved a niche for itself as a centre for fostering and developing the body, mind and spirit of its students.
- A sprawling campus housing a built-up area of over 30,00,000 square feet and a vibrant population of over 10,000 students and over 700 teaching faculty have made SASTRA a landmark in the educational map of India. Read more
Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering(TCE), Madurai, an ISO 9001:2008 certified Institution affiliated to Anna University.
- It is one among the several educational and philanthropic institutions founded by Philanthropist and Industrialist Late. Shri. Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar.
- It was established in the year 1957. Read more
Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- The V. Rangasamy Naidu Educational Trust devoted to the cause of promoting technical and scientific literacy, established Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT) in 1956.
- CIT is one of the most reputed and prestigious educational institutions in South India since 1956.
- The Institute backed by World Class research and development attained autonomous status in 1987 and is affiliated to the Anna University of Technology. Read more
SRM University, Chennai
- SRM University has been consistent to maintain excellence in the academic standards since its inception.
- Learning is an enjoyable experience in this institution, with experienced faculty, inspiring libraries and stimulating discussion rooms, large playgrounds and state-of-the-art labs. Read more