Rajasthan is famous for its historical forts, places, art and culture. The state has made significant progress in the area of education. Its literacy rate have been gradually increasing.
The state has around 35 universities, in which 80% of them are for technical courses. Electronics and Communication, Mechanical, Computer Science are the most offered engineering branches in Rajasthan.
Here is the list of top 10 engineering colleges in Rajasthan 2014:
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani was established in 1929, and become deemed university in 1964.
- The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education.
- The primary motive of BITS is to "train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information". Read more
Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur offers a distinctive culture of engineering and science education along with other areas of scholarship and generates research to fulfill the current and emerging needs of society.
- Founded in 2008, IIT Jodhpur functions through centres of excellence with innovative curriculum design, interdisciplinary research and thought leadership, and delivering to society graduates who are entrepreneurial and well-rounded. Read more
Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
The college was established in 1963 with the name as Malaviya Regional Engineering College, Jaipur as a joint venture of the Government of India and the Government of Rajasthan, Subsequently; on June 26, 2002 the college has been given the status of National Institute of Technology and on 15 August 2007, Proclaimed Institute of National Importance through Act of Parliament. Read more
College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur
College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur was established in 1964. It is one of the oldest and prestigious engineering colleges in Rajasthan. Read more.
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
- Rajasthan Technical University was setup in 2006 by Govt. of Rajasthan to enhance technical education in Rajasthan.
- The university is situated on Kota-Rawatbhata Road, about 10 Km from Kota Bus Stand and 14 Kms from Kota Railway Station.
The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur
- The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur was established in 2003.
- The Lakshmi & Usha Mittal Foundation is a charitable trust founded by the Steel Baron Mr. Lakshmi N. Mittal.
- It is engaged in various philanthropic activities for relief‚ rehabilitation‚ socio-economic development and education. Read more
Banasthali University, Banasthali
- Banasthali Vidyapith aims at the synthesis of spiritual value of the East and scientific spirit of the West.
- The main thrust of all the activities of the Banasthali Vidyapith is the development of a complete personality.
- The institution firmly believes that the personality consists of interdependent components, each being equally important requiring equal attention and can only be developed through a wholesome education. Read more
Government College of Engineering and Technology, Bikaner
- Government College of Engineering and Technology, Bikaner was established in 1999.
- The College laid the foundation of modern engineering education and the use of all engineering practices in the infrastructure development of the country.
- An autonomous institution by Government of Rajasthan. Read more
Mody University of Science and Technology, Sikar
- The Mody University of Science and Technology or the Mody University is a deemed university aimed at helping the girl population avail quality education with world-class techniques in an IT-savvy environment.
- It gives the students an opportunity to study the subject they want. Read more
Jaipur National University, Jaipur
- Jaipur National University (JNU) , Jaipur came into existence in the year 2007.
- Two professional institutes of the Seedling Group, established in 2002, with several technical & professional programmes of studies, were merged with the University to form its major part. Read more