Every year, Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts entrance exams like CET for admission to undergraduate courses in Engineering, Medical, Dental, Technology and Architecture courses.
A parallel independent entrance test is held by the Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association under the name of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (ComedK). Government conducted CET and is used to fill some part of the seats of certain engineering/medical/dental colleges in Karnataka.
The rankings for the engineering colleges are selected on the basis of academic reputation, students faculty ratio, placement record, students reviews, quality of teaching, infrastructure and other minor factors.
Here is the list of Top 10 engineering colleges in Karnataka.
National Institute of Technology Suratkal
- National Institute of Technology Suratkal was established in 1960 as a joint venture between Government of India and Government of Karnataka.
- NITK Surathkal offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Engineering, Science and Management.
- The institute has 14 departments and 11 support centres with about 200 faculty members, 300 support staff members.
For further information, visit: http://www.nitk.ac.in/
International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore
- The International Institute of Information Technology, a Deemed University, popularly known as IIIT-B, was established in 1999.
- The vision of the institution is to contribute to the IT world by focusing on education and research, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- The Institute is a registered not-for-profit society funded jointly by the Government of Karnataka and the IT industry.
For further information, visit: http://www.iiitb.ac.in/
M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah institute of technology was founded in the year 1962.
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology has carved out for itself a big name all over the country and is recognized as a premier educational institution in India.
For further information, visit: http://www.msrit.edu/
BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE) is an engineering and management college in Bangalore, India.
- The engineering college, started in 1946, was one of the first private sector initiatives in technical education in India.
- BMSCE has the largest student population among the engineering colleges in Karnataka, drawing students from other states of India and abroad.
For further information, visit: http://www.bmsce.in/
RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- RV College of Engineering was established in the year 1963.
- It has been rated as one amongst the top ten self-financing engineering institutions in the country.
- RV College is aimed at providing an ideal ambiance to stimulate the teaching-learning process and helping in bringing out skilled and disciplined Engineers.
For further information, visit: http://www.rvce.edu.in/
P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- PESIT was started in 1988 as the first engineering college under the PES group of institutions.
- Its vision has been to make its students professionally superior and ethically strong global manpower.
- Every activity at PES is focused in addressing student needs. It offers and facilitates academic excellence, leadership qualities, nurturing environment, and cutting edge infrastructure - everything students need to succeed.
For further information, visit: http://www.pes.edu/
Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
Sri Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering (SJCE) was started as one in the galaxy of Technical Colleges in the year 1963.
It has carved a niche for itself as a premier centre for technical education.
Well equipped and sophisticated laboratories, library, and highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff members, well-designed college campus are the reasons for their success.
For further information, visit: http://www.sjcemysore.org/
Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT) was established in 1979.
- Affiliated to VTU and approved by AICTE, the college is located in the heart of Bangalore, near the "Electronic City" and "Silicon Valley" of India.
For further information, visit: http://bit-bangalore.edu.in/
University Visvesvaraya College Of Engineering
- The University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering was established in the year 1917, under the name, Government Engineering college by Bharat Ratna Sir M Visvesvaraya, and was affiliated to University of Mysore.
- It is the 5th Engineering College to be established in the country, after the formation of Bangalore University in 1964.
For further information, visit: http://uvcebangalore.org/
National Institute of Engineering
- The National Institute of Engineering (NIE) is one of the premier educational institutions in India, offering undergraduate, post-graduate and diploma programmes in engineering and technology.
- The NIE has been ranked 32nd by Outlook Magazine among the top 100 engineering colleges in India and 15th among the private engineering institutes in India.
- The NIE is an autonomous institute affiliated under the VTU as per UGC norms, 2007.
For further information, visit: http://www.nie.ac.in/