Every year Karnataka Examination Authority conducts an entrance exams like CET and PGCET for the Undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Engineering, Medical, Dental, Technology and Architecture courses for admission in to the institutions within the State.
A parallel entrance test is held by the Karnataka Private Medical & Dental Colleges Association under the name of Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK), an independent entrance exam. Government conducted CET and is used to fill some part of the seats of certain engineering/medical/dental colleges in Karnataka.
The rankings for the engineering college are selected on the basis of Academic reputation, students facility ration, placement record, students reviews, quality of teaching, infrastructure and other minor factors.
Here is the list of Top 10 engineering colleges in Karnataka.
International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore
- The International Institute of Information Technology, a Deemed University, popularly known as IIIT-B
- It was established in 1999 with a vision to contribute to the IT
- Ranking: 2
For more information, visit International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore
RV College of Engineering
- RV College of Engineering was established in the year 1963.
- It has been rated as one amongst the top ten self-financing Engineering institution in the country
- Ranking: 3
For more information, visit R V College of Engineering
University Visvesvaraya College Of Engineering
- The University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering was established in the year 1917
- The college was established under the name, Government Engineering college by BharatRatna Sir M Visvesvaraya, and was affiliated to University of Mysore
- Ranking: 4
For more information, visit University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering
P.E.S. Institute of Technology
- PESIT was started in 1988 as the first engineering college under the PES group of institutions.
- Its vision has been to make its students professionally superior and ethically strong global manpower.
- Ranking: 5
For more information, visit PESIT
B.M.S College of Engineering
- B.M.S College of Engineering (BMSCE) is an engineering and management college in Bangalore, India.
- The engineering college, started in 1946, was one of the first private sector initiatives in technical education in India.
- Ranking: 6
For more information, visit B.M.S College of Engineering
M.S. Ramaiah Institute Of Technology
- M S Ramaiah institute of technology was founded in the year 1962.
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology has carved out for itself a big name all over the country and is recognized as a premier educational institution in India.
- Ranking: 7
For more information, visit M.S. Ramaiah Institute Of Technology
Sir M. Visvewsvaraya Institute of Technology
- Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (Sir MVIT) is an Institute of repute in the state of Karnataka.
- The Institute is affiliated to VTU and approved by AICTE, New Delhi and is accredited by NBA, New Delhi.
- Ranking: 8
For more information, visit Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology
Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering
- Sri Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering (SJCE) was started as one in the galaxy of Technical Colleges in the year 1963.
- It has carved a niche for itself as a premier centre for Technical Education.
- Ranking: 9
For more information, visit Sri Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering (SJCE)
National Institute of Engineering Mysore
- The National Institute of Engineering (NIE) is one of the premier educational institutions in India.
- IT is an autonomous institute affiliated under the VTU as per UGC norms, 2007.
- Ranking: 10
For more information, visit National Institute of Engineering Mysore