Students are always in a confusion to select a proper college in order to pursue Engineering degree courses. Students always opt for a well reputed college, which provides an excellent infrastructure, placements and faculties.
Each year, the World University Ranking conducts survey and analyses colleges across world which are ranked on the basis of the overall growth of the institutions, improvement in academics, placement and more.
Also, some of the private magazines and universities do conduct research about the ranking of the engineering colleges all over the India.
Here is the list of the top 10 engineering colleges of India. It also gives the world ranking of the institutions.
|Name of the Institution||World Ranking|
|University of Delhi||1381|
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai was formally inaugurated in 1959 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs.
- India Ranking: 2
- World Ranking: 513
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur(IIT Kanpur), was established by Government of India in 1959 as one of the first Indian Institute of Technology. IIT Kanpur is a Central deemed University.
- India Ranking: 3
- World Ranking: 614
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Science was established in 1909. IISc is considered as the premier institute for scientific research and study in India, and is typically ranked higher than any other Indian university in world university rankings.
- India Ranking: 4
- World Ranking: 706
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- I.I.T. Delhi is an autonomous statutory organisation functioning within the "Institutes of Technology Act" as amended by "The Institutes of Technology Act, 1963". It aims in providing best facilities for postgraduate studies and research.
- India Ranking: 5
- World Ranking: 890
University of Delhi
- The University of Delhi is the premier university of the country, was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly.
- India Ranking: 6
- World Ranking: 1381
National Institute of Technology Karnataka
- National Institute of Technology Suratkal was established in 1960 as a joint venture between Government of India and Government of Karnataka.
- India Ranking: 7
- World Ranking: 1489
National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (NIT) formerly known as Regional Engineering College, (REC) is one of the premier national level institutions for technical education in the country. and is funded by the Government of India.
- India Ranking: 8
- World Ranking: 1644
International Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad
- The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) is an autonomous university founded in 1998.
- India Ranking: 9
- World Ranking: 1652
Anna University Chennai
- Anna University was established on 4th September 1978 as a unitary type of University. It offers higher education in Engineering, Technology and allied Sciences relevant to the current and projected needs of the society.
- India Ranking: 10
- World Ranking: 1672