Arts is one of the finest disciplines to study subjects like Literature, Languages, Geography, Political Science, History, Sociology, Philosophy, Public Administration etc.
Arts discipline can offer career options in Teaching, Nursing, Social Work, Law, Politics, Business, Television, Radio Artist, Content Writing, Acting, Designing, Economist, Financial Planner and many more.
Students aspiring for any of these career options in their life, have to pursue arts stream to achieve it.
Every year, India Today-Nielsen conducts their own survey on the top colleges across India for Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Medicine, BBA, BCA and Fashion Fine Arts.
These colleges are ranked on the basis of reputation, quality of academic input, student care, infrastructure, job prospectus, perceptual rank and factual rank.
Here is the list of top 10 arts colleges in India 2014:
Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, has long been recognized as a premier institution of higher learning for women in India.
- This college was established in 1956.
- Rank in 2013: 2
For further information, visit Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi
Loyola College, Chennai
- Loyola College, a Catholic Minority Institution, was founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1925.
- The primary objective of University is to provide Education in a Christian atmosphere for deserving students irrespective of caste and creed.
- Rank in 2013: 3
For further information, visit Loyola College, Chennai
St. Stephen's College, Delhi
- Founded on 1 February 1881, St. Stephen's is the oldest college in Delhi.
- It was first affiliated to Calcutta University, and later to Punjab University.
- Finally with the establishment of Delhi University in 1922, it became one of its three original constituent colleges.
- Rank in 2013: 1
For further information, visit St. Stephen's College, Delhi
St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai was established in 1869.
- The college has began as an autonomous college under the University of Mumbai from the academic year 2010-11.
- Rank in 2013: 4
For further information, visit St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
Miranda House, Delhi
- Miranda House, residential college for women, is one of the premier Women's Institutions of Delhi University.
- It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer.
- Its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in the same year.
- Rank in 2013: 5
For further information, visit Miranda House, Delhi
Christ College, Bangalore
- Christ College, Bangalore was established in 1969. Christ College was recognised by the University Grants Commission of India, (UGC) on 17 June 1972.
- It was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), a UGC-funded body, in 1998 and reaccredited in 2005.
- Rank in 2013: 10
For further information, visit Christ College, Bangalore
Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Madras Christian College has entered into the 175th year of glorious service to the Nation.
- Founded as a School in 1837 in the black town of Madras, the Institution was built and its character shaped by a host of Scottish missionaries such as Anderson and Miller, Hogg and Boyd.
- Rank in 2013: 6
For further information, visit Madras Christian College, Chennai
Hindu College, Delhi
- Hindu College was founded more than a century ago in 1899, by Late Shri Krishan Dassji Gurwale.
- Hindu College is recognised as one of the premier academic institutions in the country.
- It stands tall in public esteem and also in the memories of its alumni, many of whom are now prominent figures in government, business and industry, the media and education.
- Rank in 2013: 9
For further information, visit Hindu College, Delhi
Fergusson College, Pune
- The famous Deccan Education Society, which is the parent body of several educational institutions spread over the landscape of Maharashtra.
- The society founded the Fergusson College, a premier institution of liberal learning in India, in the year 1885.
- Rank in 2013: 8
For further information, visit Fergusson College, Pune
Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Stella Maris College, a Catholic minority institution of higher education for women was founded on August 15, 1947.
- Beginning in a small one-storey building in Santhome, Mylapore with 32 students.
- The College moved to its present campus "The Cloisters" on Cathedral Road in 1960.
- Today the college has an enrollment of 3,800 students from diverse backgrounds, communities and nations.
- Rank in 2013: 14
For further information, visit Stella Maris College, Chennai