Scientist is someone, who has traits in any career, to pursue and excel within it. List of qualities in a scientist could be personal, but such a list will always be subjective.
A scientist is a personal who engages himself in a systematic activity to gain knowledge. Research performed by a scientist is to produce more complete understanding of nature.
Here are some the commonalities in the skills what a scientist usually possesses, across varied scientific disciplines. To be a successful scientist, you must incorporate the following characteristics:
- Portray some kind of curiosity about the specific area of interest and the world in general.
- Being logical and systematic in your approach to solving problems is essential.
- Keeping a record of data and processed results is essential.
- Scientists have to be open-minded and free of bias.
- Be open enough to realise that some hypothesis have to be discarded or altered.
- Listen to others views and examine thoroughly.
- Be intellectually honest and admit your inspiration.
- Persistence is an important trait, as it could take years for discoveries to be made.
- Reveal your sense of creativity.
- Do not jump into conclusions.
- Establish a theory with evidence to back your theory before announcing your findings.
- Remain rational.
- Be prepared to suspend any judgments until you are completely sure of your results.
- Try innovative approaches to reach desired results.
Not everyone will have all these qualities. Most of the scientists do inculcate these qualities with experience. These are some of the best suited qualities for a scientist, that will help him to answer his how, why and what, in an attempt to discovery.