Win over your fear of exams by following these easy tips:
- Eat healthy food like nuts and fruits, so that while it gives you energy, it does not make you sleepy and increases your brain power.
- Stay hydrated but don't take frequent sips as it may get you a bonus of frequent trips to the loo and disturb your concentration.
- Keep a pouch full of colorful pens. Write and see what you have learnt. The attractive colors will woo you to write more and hence keep you engrossed. Bright colours like green, violet and pink lure you the best. Blue,black and red are too common and boring to write.
- If you are a team worker, do group study. Even better, restrict your group to just you and one or two more friends who are focussed. Take one part of the syllabus each, learn it and teach each other. Listening to something helps you grasp it easier than reading.
- Relate the concepts to real life situations. E.g. Newton's law - Every action has equal and opposite reaction can be connected with something funny like a person who slaps gets slapped back immediately.
- Reward yourself duly after completing each portion. For instance, if you set your goal to one chapter in an hour, prize yourself with an ice cream when you achieve it. The ice cream will be a motivation for you to do it.
In case you dont complete on time, never mind, give some grace time and try to finish it within that duration. If that too fails, go to the next chapter and keep this for the last. This way, you will keep moving unstoppably.
- Use a short chair that helps you rest your legs completely on the floor and keeps your back erect. The sitting posture is more important while studying because it determines how soon you get tired.
- Revision is a sure must and here are some easy ways to remember:
a. Just attach keywords to all the points and test your memory.
b. For a real long essay, give it a tune of your favourite song and you will be amazed at how wonderful your memory can turn!
c. If it is verbatim that you need to remember and if the points need to be in order, remember the first letters of the starting of each sentence and create a word out of it, so that you can write out the starting letters first and dont miss out on any points. E.g. SMART -Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bounded.
- Keep your head towards the light physically and mentally.
a.Your seating environment should have sufficient light to keep you awake, active and easy to read.
b. No matter how much you have prepared, stay confident of finishing your lessons and giving your best for the exams. Confidence levels work magic than you think. Keep your head cool and perform.