The CAT 2016 will be conducted on 4th December 2016, and less than three months are left for the preparation. In the scenario where a lot of people would be preparing for CAT since the beginning of the year, a few who have started late will be feeling skeptical to take up the test.
Assuming that you have filled up the form and has yet not started serious preparation for CAT, I assure you not to lose hope. You can still make it to a good MBA college by getting a good percentile in CAT. Just remember these five points while preparing.
1. Everyday counts: If you have less than three months left, you must know that you do not have a single day to entertain your other interests. Motivation is everything and if you keep taking breaks, you are sure to lose your pace of study instead of accelerating it.
2. Mock tests: Take up a mock test every week and analyze them. Even if your scores are pathetic, do not panic. Still take up the next test and try to see the improvement.
3. Know your strengths: Competitive exams not only test your knowledge but also your wisdom. You need not be equally strong in all subjects but you must know how to play on your strengths. If you are studying a topic, try to give your best in it instead of simply going through all the topics just for the sake of it.
4. Be consistent: Study regularly without gaps and make yourself confident in what you are good at. If you are a working professional give at least 2 hours to study on weekdays and 7 - 8 hours on weekends. Make sure that you are giving time to all sections.
5. Mental strength: The biggest key to success in any field at any time is mental strength. Do not ever give up mentally and always keep yourself motivated. Be confident in your study pattern instead of worrying about your peers.
Hopefully, these tips will help you in your CAT preparation. All the very best for your test.