What are Public Relations?
Public Relations is the way organizations, companies and individuals communicate with the public and the media. It helps to build a corporate image, create much-needed awareness for a product or service and it helps to raise the profile of an entire organization.
What makes PR so strong?
A PR specialist must have good communication skills and is also responsible for communicating with the target audience with an aim to maintain and create the positive image.
Also to build a good rapport with the audience.
Let me walk you through 10 rules you need to create as an effective PR:
- Appearance and Perception are everything- Understand how you are perceived by the media.
- Know your market and identify the product benefits relevant to your market.
- Build your product as "Unique"- It is very important to prove that your product is faster, better and more cost- effective than your competitor's products or industry standards.
- Work in real time- As time is the soul of Business.
- Source and use testimonials, they both play a very pivotal role has delivered the messages are one of the strongest ways to enhance the credibility of any promotional piece.
- Target the media used by your target market- Understand your audience and identify their interests. Also, do more research about different media channels to have a holistic approach to the target market.
- Have your elevator pitch practiced and ready.
- Content- A good content isn't about storytelling, anything that adds value to the reader's life.
- Sell your release- Build contacts, follow up and keep in contact. The job of PR to make the best choice of media and journalist influence for a particular story is still the work of, well, hard work.
- Use a photograph- A photograph can literally sell words. Daily media are more photo-conscious than ever and are more interested in photos than the monthly special interest magazines or trade journals. Those publications are usually only interested in a photograph if it educates or informs the reader.
Words by Ronn Torrosain- Founder 5 W Public Relations:
PR is a mix of Journalism, Psychology, and Lawyering- It's an ever changing and always interesting landscape.