Facebook is where most of the youth is spending their time on. Whether it is the food they are eating or the place they are currently at, everything is posted as a status in Facebook. It is in obvious sense a winner, to make millions of people being hooked onto it, as if it is an addiction which they cannot get rid of.
Even those who are restricted to have an FB (Facebook) account are illegally entering the league with fake accounts. If we could only make use of this deep interest in FB into something that can be knowledgeable, then things would fall into place.
Here are some ways to use Facebook to educate the students in your class:
1) Begin with quizzing your students about FB, if they are all well aware of it, then you can be sure some of them have their own accounts.
2) Next, approach the students' parents (majority of them will have an FB account). You can do this during a parent-teachers meeting. If the school already has an FB page, ask the parents to "Like" it so that they get updates about the events happening in the school.
3) Make sure you are in the list as well, such that the parents will be able to add you to their friends list.
4) Take initiative and add all the parents of all your students so that you will be able to connect with them about any issue or progress about their children.
5) Create a page where you will be able to share the lessons in a creative way. Say for instance, a sequence of incidents or reactions shown as a diagram or a small power point presentation uploaded as a video. Use your imagination. You should aim to make students learn the subject.
6) Run a poll on what is taught.
7) Create a discussion by putting up a status which questions something. For example, "Do you think Akbar is a better ruler than Alexander?" Or "What more can an optical fiber do? Is there any more usage?" These kind of subject related questions will make students think.
8) Ask the parents to allow their children to use their account to take part in the page's activity.
9) Be professional. The core idea is to use FB as a tool to make the learning process better.
10) Finally, make sure it is student safe and student friendly. Suggest parents to guide their childern while they use Internet.
Make use of the treading things for your benefit and teach better. Make best use of your creativity and help students learn in an easier manner.
This is what we had to say. Please share your view here https://www.facebook.com/careerindia.com