Do you think you need a bachelor's degree to have a rewarding career? Think again!
It is certainly true that a bachelor's degree, typically, will let you earn more than those without a degree, but it need not be the same always.
Some reports also say that there are plenty of jobs in the market like commercial pilot and registered nurse that do not require years of college. These jobs only require specialised training. For those people who are not able to attend college due to financial obligations and other reasons, still have a possibility to have a rewarding career that pays well.
These jobs are a great option for those job seekers who are looking for well-paying jobs that do not require a degree. The following are 15 high-paying jobs that do not require a degree.
To be a Receptionist
- You will be responsible for the first impression that people have about business.
- It is a public-facing role.
- It does not require qualifications more than a diploma.
To be a Carpenter
- You would have to inspect, repair, install, rebuild, modify, construct and maintain woodwork and other related structures.
- You will be exposed to environments of extreme temperatures and intense noise.
- It is recommended to attend an apprenticeship in a technical school.
To be a Sales Representative
- You will have to connect to people and sell them products successfully.
- Your duties will depend on the industry.
- You must stay energetic, positive, and friendly.
- This profession often values smart skills over knowledge gained in the classroom.
To be a Commercial Pilot
- A minimum qualifications of a diploma or equivalent.
- A commercial pilot's license is mandatory.
- You will have to fly aircrafts for reasons like charter flights, rescue operations, aerial photography and firefighting.
To be a Registered Nurse
- Aspiring nurses need to have an associate degree in nursing.
- You could also have a certification from an accredited nursing program.
- To practice nursing in India, all nurses must be licensed from the Indian Nursing Council.
To be a Web Developer
- You would want to be trained in various web-developing disciplines.
- Training in graphic and web design is recommended.
- Most of these can be obtained through associate programme.
To be a Electrical Technician
- You can attend various vocational courses that train you to be electrical technicians.
- They teach skills like circuitry and computer repair.
To be a Police Officer
- A minimum qualification of high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- You must pass tests for rigorous physical fitness.
- Training on law enforcement and a pass from the police academy is required.
To be a Computer Network support specialist
- You would require an associate degree.
- Work experience is not mandatory.
- You will have to analyze, troubleshoot, test and evaluate existing network systems like local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and internet systems or network systems.
To be a Supervisors of Construction trades and extraction workers
- A work experience of 5 years or more is preferable.
- A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent qualification may be necessary.
- You will have to directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction or extraction workers.
To be a Makeup artist
- You will have to have skill to apply makeup to performers to reflect situations, setting and period of particular role.
- Familiarise yourself with different looks.
- Practice, experimentation, and natural talent is beneficial.
- Try to learn techniques from people who have been in the business for years.
To be a Supervisor of fire fighting and prevention workers
- You would have to coordinate activities of workers engaged in fire fighting and fire prevention and control.
- Experience of less than 5years required.
To be a Media and communication equipment worker
- A minimum of high school diploma or equivalent degree is required.
- Work experience is not mandatory.
- Your work will be to setup, operate, and also to monitor audio, video and also digital equipment.
- This work is required for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, news conferences and presentations.
To be a Detective and Criminal Investigator
- A diploma or equivalent with experience of less than 5 years is required.
- You can conduct investigations related to violations of laws to prevent and solve crimes.
- You can also investigate and solve crimes as a private agent.
To be a Radiation Therapist
- You will have to do a course to learn about radiation therapy procedures.
- You will have to check the equipment, observe patients and their reactions to treatment.
- You should be able to organize and maintain detailed patient treatment records.