Children's Day is celebrated to honour children globally. The concept of celebration aims at celebrating the well being or welfare of children.
Universal Children's Day is celebrated globally on November 20 every year. While in India Children's Day is celebrated on November 14 to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India.
Nehru emphasise the significance of love and affection to children, who are the bright future of India. Thus, The Children's Day, is instituted to pay tribute to the great personality and his love for children, who is fondly referred as Chacha Nehru by the children.
Hence, Children's Day in India has a special reference to make it more special.
To make the festive mood more fun and colourful schools across the country organise various events to unleash hidden talents of children.
A tribute to childhood would be memorable and appropriate only when is celebrated with range of fun filled activities by providing platform to children to showcase their skills and strengths.
Making theday a special treat will always be a challenge as one has to step into the shoes of children to make the atmosphere light, colourful and enthusiastic.
With the Children's Day is a few days ahead CareerIndia has few tips for all the teachers and parents on how to prepare for the D-Day .
- Teachers can arrange cultural events for children's, wherein they can participate in various competitions including painting, singing, dancing, enacting skits, quiz, informative play and fashion shows, basically aims at entertaining.
- Organising games and sports competitions between teachers and students could be a more entertaining event. It also helps students to get closer to their teacher.
- Along with children teachers can take the charge of the stage to perform for the occasion and rock the programme. They can perform group dance, comedy drama and a special group song dedicated to the student.
- Educational excursion can also make a best part of children's day celebration. A educational trip or a field trip can be a fun and happy moments for children as they spend their time in the lap of nature.
- Theme dress or arranging fancy dress competition will be exciting. Children love have a colorful ambiance. Allow them wear colourful clothes instead of mudane uniform will sure bring smile on their face.
- Theme based programmes will form a unique way to celebrate the day. Programmes can be organised based on themes like rose, love etc.
- Children's day is not only meant to celebrate at school. Though, the day is usually celebrated with fun in schools, holding a small celebration at home doubles their joy.
- Parents can taken their children for outing like amusement park, park, zoo, museum, planetarium, or perhaps a particular place you know they love to spend time.
- Throw a party to your kids and also invite their friends to make occasion cherish able. Celebrating this day differently would be to have a party for some underprivileged children. This surely will uphold the real meaning of Children's Day.